Long-term visa application is filed when the expected stay will exceed 90 days (cannot be covered by a Schengen (short-stay) visa). It is issued for a variety of purposes – health, culture, sport, visit (invitation), family, study, research or entrepreneurship.
If the purpose of stay continues, it is possible to apply on the territory of the Czech Republic at the Ministry of the Interior for an extension, i.e. for a long-term residence permit, which is issued for the purpose of employment, study, scientific research, unification of family or to residents of another EU Member State.
General documents requirement for D-VISA:
- National passport into which a visa can be affixed
- Completed and signed application form with 2 recent color photograph (35 x 45 mm) with white background glued on the application form.
- Biometric features – fingerprints
- Fee (2,500 CZK, if not waived for given categories)
- Supporting documents proving:
- Purpose of stay (for example school acceptance letter, spa voucher, document proving family relations etc.)
- Accommodation (for example rent agreement etc.)
- Financial means (for example bank statement etc.)
- Criminal record extract issued by the state of the applicant´s citizenship and by the state where the applicant resided in the last three years for more than six months
- Upon request a document proving fulfilment of measures against spread of infectious disease
- Travel health insurance – in case of visa issuance